h_700 Hempton or Damsend or Fakenhamdam

House Hempton or Damsend or Fakenhamdam
County Norfolk
Order Augustinian canons
Type priory
Sex male
Cell of
Brief history Priory of Augustinian canons, founded by 1135 by Roger de St. Martin, together with Richard Ward, originally as a hospital. Soon after, it was converted to an Augustinian priory. It was dissolved on c. 24 January 1537. The net income from its estates in 1535 was £32 14s. 8d. In 1546, the site, manor and rectory of Hempton were sold to Sir William Fermer and his wife Catherine.
Start year 1135
Start year modifier by
End year 1537
End year modifier in